As the holidays approach, your family is in for a treat, with a variety of festive, family friendly activities to choose from in your area. We’ve listed our top ten favorites, which will be a hit with adults and kids alike!
- Explore German culture by participating in a traditional German Christmas market, brought stateside. The Christkindlmarkt will take place on Saturday, December 5th and Sunday, December 6th from 11am to 8:30pm at the American German Club of the Palm Beaches in Lake Worth. Admission is $8 per person, but kids under 12 are free, and will enjoy outdoor ice skating, traditional food and drink, and live entertainment.
- Make the most of your visit to Santa this year by attending the Palm Beach Zoo’s Breakfast with Santa on December 13th, 19th, or 20th from 8:30 to 10:30am. A hot breakfast buffet and outdoor dining, as well as craft stations, face painting, animal encounters, and holiday music will get your family into the spirit of the season.
- The JCC Mandel invites you to celebrate Hanukkah by watching the lighting of the 8th Hanukkah candle at Harbourside Place on December 13th, at 4pm. Children’s activities and a performance by local Rabbis and Cantors will round out the day’s festivities.
- Celebrate your favorite holiday songs, sung a capellaby the Women of Note Chorus of Wellington. This holiday show takes place on December 6th at 2pm, and features everyone’s seasonal favorites in a show called Beauty of the Holidays, at the Fissey Campus Theatre. Call the box office for tickets at 561.207.5900.
- Watch your favorite holiday movies al fresco at Screen on the Green. Gather your family at the West Palm Beach Waterfront for a screening of Jack Frost on December 11th at 6:30, and The Santa Clause at 8:30. Bring a blanket and grab some popcorn from the concession stand for a night of movies under the stars.
- Watch a beautiful lighted boat parade against a backdrop of fireworks at the Palm Beach Boat Parade on December 5th, at 6pm. Arrive at Harbourside Place to enjoy family friendly activities, live music, andto give a new, unwrapped gift to Toys for Tots.
- On December 3rd, at 5pm, make your way to Delray Beach for the Lighting of the Famous 100 Foot Christmas Tree. This spectacular event kicks off with Santa landing in a helicopter to light the tree, and has fun activities for the entire family, complete with an ice rink, carousel, train ride, and mini golf.
- And if you still haven’t had your fill of beautiful, seasonal trees, check out the Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens from December 4th through December 16th for 25 professionally decorated holiday trees. Performances, refreshments and a lightshow will delight everyone in your family.
- On New Year’s Eve, forget about staying up until midnight, and bring the kids to Noon Year’s Eve, from 11am to 1pm at the South Florida Science Center and Aquarium. Science crafts, dinosaur activities, popcorn, snow cones, and an apple cider toast are the perfect way to ring in 2016, and still be in bed early. For more information, call 561.832.1988.
- And for those of you who do like to stay up a little late on New Year’s Eve, First Night in Delray Beach provides fun activities for all ages. From 4pm to midnight, enjoy fun, food, games, and fireworks at this one of a kind celebration.
What’s your favorite Palm Beach area holiday attraction? Share your family’s traditions with us in the comments section!