Educational Program Goals & Principles
Our Program Goals
- Summit Kids Academy’s responsibility is to meet the well being of every child in our program, now and in the future. We shall provide the best, safest, most nurturing and healthiest learning environment where children can play, learn and grow.
- Continually provide the most developmentally appropriate educational tools and methods to meet tomorrow’s standards.
- Provide all children with age appropriate experiences that will enhance their physical, language, cognitive, creative, social and emotional development.
- Facilitate your child’s entry into the next stage in their development. From infant to toddler through pre-school and finally into kindergarten.
- Acknowledge that the families are essential in the child’s development and strive to maintain constant cooperation between the home and our professionals.
- Support professional development through continuous and timely education, training and technical assistance to enhance the growth of our childcare professionals.
- Be committed to the utmost professionalism amongst ourselves and maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of operations, including respect for private communication whether written or verbal.
- Promote equality and opportunity.
Our Program Principles
To achieve our objectives, our educational program meets the following principles:
- Each child is unique – While there exist predictable sequences in a child’s development, each child has their own personality and their own rate of development.
- The child’s development is a global and integrated process – Child development touches all dimensions of the person (physical, motor, intellectual, social, emotional, moral and linguistic.) These dimensions are interrelated as each of them relies on the other, creating a ripple effect on the overall development of the child.
- The child is key to his/her own development – The child’s thinking is based directly on what he sees, hears or touches. Through his/her interactions with the physical and human environment, be it by exploring, manipulating, observing, listening, or speaking, he/she will build knowledge of themselves and others within their own environment.
- The child learns through play – Our program is based on play. Therefore, the activities our teachers will organize are based on play for the children and directed interventions. The child can therefore explore, understand and control their own environment, which stimulates their own evolution and interaction. Through games, the teachers can learn about the child’s behavior, emotions, knowledge and thought process.
- Communication between the parents and the teacher is essential – Acknowledge that the families are essential in the child’s development and strive to maintain constant cooperation between the home and our professionals.
- Partners with parents – Open communication contributes to the harmonious development of the child. If the child has developed a strong and trusting relationship with his parents and other adults in his life develop not sure what this means relationships amongst themselves that are based on mutual support and respect, the child will then be more open to new relationships on the same basis. The healthy exchanges between educational staff and parents are very valuable to the child as it will allow the child to adapt more easily.
Love the Life Cubby and the video cameras in the classrooms.
I like that Summit Kids Academy has special activities that are done with the children like the Mini Chef Program. I also love the Life Cubby and the video cameras in the classrooms. They have a good selection of learning toys/books/puzzles in the classrooms. I believe the iPad lab is a great learning tool, my kids love to use them they thinks of them as games/fun, but they are actually learning a lot from them. Ms. Tasha is very calm and patient with the children. They get down on the kids level and help learning in a comfortable, safe way.
I love the communication from Summit Kids Academy.
From the weekly newsletters to the Life Cubby blasts, I feel like I am connected with my child throughout the day. My child loves to count and read. He is always showing me how he does things at school, talking about his friends and his teachers. The teachers are great at greeting the kids in the morning. They really make each child feel like they have been waiting for them to arrive. It makes drop off very easy!
I absolutely love my daughter’s school and feel so blessed to have found them.
The thing I love most about Summit Kids Academy is the partnership between parents and teachers! Any concern or idea I have is heard and embraced. I love that no one is ever too busy to talk with me. I love not having to worry when I’m at work and knowing that my child is receiving top level care from people who truly care about daughter as if she was their own.
My daughter is excited for school every day and is always happy when I pick her up! I can see she is being taught the essentials she will need when she starts school.
From ABCs to picking up after herself. These lessons are priceless! My goodness she was potty trained in a matter of 2 weeks! The different programs offered are a huge advantage as well.
My child’s teacher knows my daughter … genuinely. She knows what she likes to eat and what her favorite activities are. My daughter isn’t “lost” in a sea of children. She is being taught and loved! I absolutely love my daughter’s school and feel so blessed to have found them! It’s so hard to find genuinely good people who care for children. I consider them my family.
The teachers are excellent
I like the friendly environment at Summit Kids Academy. The teachers are excellent, the school is always clean, and of course has great administration. Our daughter has learned more social skills, concentration, focus, and last but not least communication skills.
All teachers are so friendly and especially Ms. Rachel is so understanding and loving for her. I like her behavior with parents; she knows how to treat kids just like a mommy.
State of the art curriculum for my Pre-K son!
Summit Kids Academy is a top rated school with their state of the art curriculum for my Pre-K son. He was going to a different school at first and we changed him into this school and what an improvement. The facility is always kept clean and organized, they are always on schedule and the office staff is personal and friendly to each and every child there. My son was very shy, now since he has been at Summit Kids Academy he is very outgoing, extroverted and loves to learn. Ms. Lourdes and Ms. Tely are excellent in all areas of education. I highly recommend Summit Kids Academy. You won’t be disappointment. The security is amazing, and you can even watch your child throughout the day from your computer or phone very easy to set up and use.