At our childcare center, we like to encourage our kids to get into the holiday spirit with arts, crafts, and fun seasonal activities. And we know that, on the weekends, our families enjoy holiday festivities that are appropriate for adults and children alike. The Boynton Beach area offers several fun, festive holiday events each year, and these are a few of our local favorites!
- Holiday 2016 is a free event that celebrates the season with a 50-foot holiday tree, which is lit for everyone to see. The tree lighting is followed by a holiday concert, and children will enjoy photo opportunities with Santa, food and gifts, and kids’ activities. Celebrate with your neighbors at the Ocean Avenue Amphitheatre located at 129 East Ocean Avenue, on Friday December 2nd, at 6:30pm.
- The Boynton Beach 46th Annual Holiday Parade takes place this year on Saturday, December 3rd, at 11am. The parade makes its way north, up Seacrest Boulevard from SE 12th Avenue to Ocean Avenue. Come see local schools and organizations march along with high school marching bands, characters in festive costumes, floats, dance teams, and, of course, a holiday appearance by Santa Claus!
- The Boynton Beach and Delray Beach Holiday Boat Parade is a fantastic spectacle! Boats decorated with lights and festive holiday decorations begin at the Lantana Bridge near Old Key Lime House and begin their journey south along the Intracoastal Waterway to the C-15 canal in Delray. Live music begins at the Boynton Harbor Marina at 6pm, and the parade begins to move at 6:30pm. View the boats at Intracoastal Park, Jaycee Park, or Veterans Park in Delray Beach. The event is held on Friday, December 9th, at 6pm, and is great fun for big and little kids!
- The Boynton Beach Mall invites local families to Storytime with Santa on Saturday, December 10th at 3:30pm. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on hand to read stories to kids, and children will have the opportunity to participate in holiday arts and crafts and treats!
- Also at the Boynton Beach Mall, visit The Salvation Army Angel Tree on December 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th from 10am to 6pm. Adopt an “angel” and brighten a child’s holiday season with your family’s generosity. This is a perfect opportunity to make a difference in a child’s life this season, and to teach your own children a bit about kindness and generosity of spirit during the holidays.
What’s your favorite holiday activity in Boynton Beach and in the surrounding area? Our families love to hear recommendations from their neighbors, so please chime in in the comments section!